Standard Calibrations, Inc. is looking for a qualified manager to lead the ongoing and future development of our custom development projects. The ideal candidate will lead the support and development of systems that automate business processes and help end users leverage the chosen software to effectively and efficiently run the Company. Major areas of oversight include the Company’s ERP and Ecommerce systems. S/he is expected to be independent and capable of planning and performing a wide variety of developer related tasks and requires a good understanding of SDLC (software development life cycle) and development of best practices with excellent written and oral communications skills. The candidate should be prepared to work in a self-managed, collaborative, and potentially remote environment.
- Manage, maintain, and support the Company’s Sage 500 ERP System and its associated customizations and integrations.
- Serve as the Company’s Database Administrator; Design and develop back end Microsoft SQL Server database objects while maintaining the highest level of data integrity.
- Design, develop, and maintain Angular web logic and DNN platform modules for the Company’s Content Management System and public facing Ecommerce website.
- Leverage and execute on the cadence of software development process throughout the product life cycle; including research, modeling, designing, debugging, and maintaining processes.
- Conceptualize, prioritize, schedule, and communicate project deliverables in partnership with key departments within the Company including Quality, Sales, Production and Information Technology.
- Code, perform tests, and debug new software and applications; make enhancements to existing software.
- Execute release-based development under planned deadlines, investigate/resolve production issues according to priorities; Implement scrum methodology for the Company and act as Scrum Master.
- Improve and optimize the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing, and auditing new software programs.
- Maintain, update, and support Sage 500 ERP System, keeping it on a current version.
- Maintain, update, and support any 3rd Party Sage 500 add-on applications.
- Create, maintain, and update technical and system documentation as necessary.
- Experience with relevant development tools, applications, and system architecture.
- Ability to prioritize well and work on multiple tasks and projects in tandem.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new languages, frameworks, and technologies.
- Experience using common development practices, including Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Automated Tests.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of both the information technology field and computer science. Experience with a variety of programming languages and computer and web-related technologies, including VB .NET, C# .Net, HTML/CSS, and SQL.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years’ prior experience with SQL, DNN and Angular a must.
- Experience developing and reporting with a leading ERP platform a must; Sage 500 ERP a plus.