The primary function of the Application Programmer is to design, develop and maintain software or applications. This includes large feature sets or projects possibly spanning many products or applications, where requirements are partial or not well defined, and designs do not exist. Responsibility for design, testing, installation, training, upgrades, enhancements, and ongoing support of all systems developed internally by including CRM, SQL Databases, Website front & back ends, and interfaces between all major ASM ERP sub-systems.
- Maintain, revise and upgrade current programs as assigned by supervisor.
- Periodic or emergency system support and maintenance.
- Design, program, test, document, and implement new programs and application systems as assigned and within designated time commitments.
- Follow departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Honor confidentiality rules governing system access, data access and manipulation, and current and future security rules.
- Answer calls and resolves problems for users needing assistance during assigned shift.
- Fill in as necessary to support other associates in the data processing department as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to support remote users in multiple site locations
- Comments code and creates related supporting documentation (i.e., design documents)
- Creates unit test cases and applies these against developed software or applications to ensure quality
- Debugs software and fixes defects uncovered during the testing process
- Provides post-release software and application support, including incident reporting
- Mentors developers, review code and documents and provides input and feedback on code and documents created by other developers
- Hands-on design, configuring, coding, testing, and deploying of software applications.
- Maintenance and support of applications including performance tuning and bug fixing.
- Production and End User Support Activities.
- Perform tasks as required by management/supervisory staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certification preferred but not required
- 4+ years experience in software or applications engineering and/or technical operations
- Work and/or academic experience building applications using any of the following:
- Visual Basic, PHP, HTML, CSSCOM+, XML, ASP, and DHTML in an MS windows DNA, DNN, WIX, Crystal Reports, .NET architecture environment
- SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience or certified in Sage or other comparable ERP a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Programming Certification preferred but not required
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environment Factors:
- Mental Effort
- Communicate with diverse population
- Organizes others work
- Evaluate stores performance
- Physical Requirements
- Stands and walks/moves to different locations as needed
- Working Conditions
- Retail environment with exposure to warehouse environment with moving mechanical equipment
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.